Don't forget to update your personal camera inventory
|Claudet & Houghton was founded in 1834 by George Houghton and Antoine Claudet, and subsequently underwent several mergers that resulted
in numerous name changes.|
- The company was known as George Houghton & Son (1867-1892), then as George Houghton & Sons until 1903, and then George Houghton & Sons Ltd.
- When the company merged with Holmes Bros., A.C. Jackson, Spratt Bros. and Joseph Levi & Co. in 1904, the business became Houghton’s Ltd.
- In 1915, after establishing a partnership with W. Butcher & Sons Ltd., the company traded as Houghton – Butcher Manufacturing Co. Ltd. until 1926, when the name was changed to Houghton – Butcher (Great Britain) Ltd.
- In 1930 the business was renamed again, this time as Ensign, after their most successful line of cameras. Interestingly, the Ensign name derived from the 'N' sign logo.
- After another merger with Ross, the company became Barnet Ensign Ross Ltd. in 1948.
- Finally, in 1954 the name was changed for the last time, to Ross – Ensign Ltd. The company discontinued the manufacture of cameras, and was dissolved, in 1961.
Houghton film sizes description can be found at the earlyphotography site.
|No value prediction|
|Low estimate accuracy|
|Low-medium estimate accuracy|
|Medium estimate accuracy|
|Medium-high estimate accuracy|
|High estimate accuracy|
|Camera Image Available|
|General Camera Information Available|
|Historical Prices Chart|
|Camera Manual Link|
|CB Member Comments Available|
|Camera Featured in CB Member Collections|
Searching eBay listings:
Searching other listings: