Camera identification help

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
bill339

Camera identification help

Postby bill339 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:19 am

I have a camera that I am having a problem identifying. I’ve attached a picture. Most listings on the internet call it an Ibsor DRP or a Jos.Schneider but Ibsor is the shutter manufacturer (I assume the Alfred Gauthier of Calmbachand logo AGC, makes Ibsor a subsidiary), DRP is the German Patent marker used before WWII in most instances if not a Leica, and Jos.Schneider & Co. mad the lens under the Jsconar name that is very close to the Isconar, one of the Jos. Schneider & Co. registered names. Originally I thought I was bidding on a Voigtlander or an Ihagee and the person putting it up for bid didn’t know where to look but after receiving it I found no camera company had labeled it. The camera has a Doppel Anastigmat Jsconar 4.5 Jos.Schneider & CO kreuznach lens. The number on the lens on the inside is 213002 and the outside 189448. I think that type of Ibsor shutter mechanism was produced from 1913 to 1935. The lens had to have been made after 1920 because the Jos.Schneider name was “Optische Anstalt Jos.Scneider & Co.” before 1921 and changed to “Jos.Scneider & Co.” thereafter. This may be a Russian copy after all this research. Help!
IMG_4066.JPG

diser
Site Admin

Re: Camera identification help

Postby diser » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Can you post a side photo, so the struts are visible?

bill339

Re: Camera identification help

Postby bill339 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:12 am

IMG_4068.JPG
IMG_4067.JPG
Here they are I hope. Thanks for any time you put into this. I have been at it off and on for some time now and the closest I've come is the Steinheil Klappkamera and the O.I.P. Nivalette.

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”