Looking for information

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
Willo

Looking for information

Postby Willo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:55 am

My name is William and I living in Spain Recently I bought a camera and I'm trying to find their brand.I wondering may be its a Dr.Krugener, Huttig, or
1.jpg
Emil Wunsche ..but Im not sure.
I just asking for some help..and I think here its the right place to asking for.
Thanks
Attachments
10.jpg
4.jpg

Daniel C

Re: Looking for information

Postby Daniel C » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:21 am

Hi William,
There are more wood beds that are fitting the folding plate cameras in the Krügener production than in the Hutting or Wunshe ones.
In my opinion, you should concentrate your searches on the range of Delta and Teddy cameras produced by Krügener. The task is not simple as they were so many formats, models and variations.
In addition, Krûgener produced models with an aperture disc in front of the lensboard ( Mc Keowns page 567) and this is an innteresting feature of your camera.

Daniel

Willo

Postby Willo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Thanks a lot Daniel for your valuable information. Recently I had purchased two new Dr. Krugener´s cameras, and I hope to compare each other. Unfortunately I have a Mc Keowns 2001-2002 edition.., so I guess page 567 that you comment its not here.
Some friends told me about to acquire a Camera Kadlubek Katalog because perhaps its more information there. I was searching for this book...but even second-hand are very expensive . I was looking on the web for on-line catalogs from those brands and its hard to find something. I think to read original catalogs are the best way to compare...so I going to keep searching. Thanks again Daniel for your concern and.. your time. (apologize my english)

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Willo,
Recently I was able to acquire a Krugener catalog from 1915 (was looking for any Krugener catalogs for years :? ), and will be updating Krugener information on the site soon. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:11 pm

William,
I am 99% confident this is not Krugener. Checking other manufacturers.

Willo

Postby Willo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:52 am

Thanks for your answer.Recently I had contact with a colleague who's living in Germany about this mysterious camera and he told me (according to information he has), probably it´s a Lüttke & Arndt camera.He also helped me to compare some details of both cameras, to confirm that they are indeed the same brand. I´m going to attach some pictures from both cameras so you can see what I mean. I have found in the catalog on-line auction of http://www.breker.com, pictures from a camera quite similar too. Last month I bought a new Lüttke & Arndt camera and it has definitely identical features. As this colleague said (he is the creator of : http://www.camarassinfronteras.com)german manufacturers in those years , patented the element which help as a body guide for the covers , because the others elements were the same in differents brands.
Well, thanks again for your mail.
Attachments
Lüttke & Arndt 4.jpg
A.jpg
original.jpg

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”