Thanks!

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
Antique-Arts

Thanks!

Postby Antique-Arts » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:08 am

Tyy :)
Last edited by Antique-Arts on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

diser
Site Admin

Re: Antique FC Charten Japanese camera Appraisal

Postby diser » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Can't find any sales whatsoever. This camera is not even listed in Siguyama's reference, or any other references I checked.
Take my words with a grain of salt, but I think it's in more of a "usable" category rather than "collecting". Could be of a value for Japanese collectors though.
Charten was a camera reseller, so the manufacturer should be different. Looking at some features, it could be Tachibana, Asanuma, or even Konishi (less likely though). My best guess is ~$250-300 without lens, in a good condition.

eye1958

Postby eye1958 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 am

I think that is a supplier of Japanese Charten cameras.
And the camera itself is Asanuma Trading King I.
Price in Russia 300$ - 600 $ ;)

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 am

eye1958, thanks for the information!
Indeed, it looks like Asanuma, but are you sure about "King I"?
Seems like there are few details that are not the same. I noticed most of the Asanuma cameras have bottom of the hinge that is different from this Charten model. Also Asanuma cameras usually have slightly angled bed braces, and this Charten one has straight braces. This is why I also listed Tachibana - those cameras have other similar elements, but I can't pinpoint the exact model anyway :(

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”