Konishiroku (Konica): Konica IIIA

Notes related to specific cameras
peanutlongines

Konishiroku (Konica): Konica IIIA

Postby peanutlongines » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:21 pm

This is very hard to come by (rarity 8/10 or 7/10) and few are up for sale on the Internet (I fend to see more 48mm than 50 mm in the market) They were up for sale for many months and few are introduced to the market (without buyers and sitting there for a long time until bought by an enthusiast who recognizes it) Even though it is as such, it is relatively cheap because this has no current hype. They are very well built cameras - like a brick if I may add. It is also a very underrated camera with an awesome viewfinder. The lens (either 50 mm f 1.8 or 48mm f 2) are great but I think the 50mm variant is much sharper. It has great 1:1 magnification in the viewfinder so you can shoot with both eyes open. It is an extremely quiet camera as well. It has paralax correction that moves so you'll know what is in frame. The doube stroke lever is on the front of the camera and it does not get in the way when you shoot; it is easy to get used to and trust me, it will become second nature in an instant.

I own a Leica yet the lens, the build, viewfinder, and even use is comparable to it or dare I say, even better to its counterpart during those days. Downside is the EV lock which you can disengage by depressing the black ring so you can adjust the aperture (f stops); you can also just remove the EV lock all together by removing the lock deep in the lens (its a plastic lock if I am not mistaken) so you can adjust shutter speed and aperture independently. Also, this is a heavy camera - maybe almost 800 grams - and fully manual and mechanical. :D

Return to “Camera comments”