Goerz C.P.: Box Tengor (6.5x11)

Notes related to specific cameras
villapolis

Goerz C.P.: Box Tengor (6.5x11)

Postby villapolis » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:39 am

Oh, the picture is showing not an original Goerz Box Tengor, but perhaps a successor (Zeiss Ikon Box Camera 760).
It seems, that the picture is interchanged with the picture of Zeiss Ikon: Box Tengor 760, which is exactly looking like a Goerz Box Tengor 760 (rule of thumb: nearly no Zeiss Ikon Box had a steel bracket, but nearly all Goerz Box Tengors)

paul hofseth

Re: Goerz C.P.: Box Tengor (6.5x11)

Postby paul hofseth » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:06 pm

I am not particularly knowledgeable about Goerzm but it is worth noting that they merged with Zeiss and that zeiss continued to use Goerz names for uite while and probably kept Goerz´ production facilities. HEnce a Goerz box maded after Zeiss took over still might have kept its innards while being slowly modernized. Mr, Otto´s thick book list absolutely all Zeiss products even those carrying the names of merged companies.

p.

Janeer

Re: Goerz C.P.: Box Tengor (6.5x11)

Postby Janeer » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:42 am

I recently acquired an FM2 and I'm glad. I like the build quality and the mechanical shutter is very comfortable to use. I've been shooting mostly black and white film with it, and the results have been fantastic. The FM2 has a reputation for being rugged and reliable, and I can definitely vouch for that. Also I love the FM2 for its simplicity.
useful software

Return to “Camera comments”