Kodak Eastman: Duaflex I

Notes related to specific cameras
bill339

Kodak Eastman: Duaflex I

Postby bill339 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 am

The Kodak Duaflex original (I) is a 620 film camera. The UK and USA models are slightly different in appearance with 5 different looks over all. Three different US models with “Made in Rochester NY USA” and two UK models with “Made in England”. The original versions were available from December 1947 to September 1950 in the US, and 1949-1955 in the UK. The camera bodies are made of a combination of aluminum alloy and Bakelite plus steel hinges and clasps. They were available with either a simple fixed focus 75mm f/15 Kodet lens, or with a 72mm f/8 Kodar triplet lens in a front-element focusing (to 3.5 ft.) mount. The Kodar lens had Waterhouse stops of f/8, 11, and 16. The shutter speeds were (I) about 1/50 of a second and (B) Bulb and was synched for use with a Kodalite Flash holder. Other features are a large waist high viewfinder, red view window for frame count on the back of the film backing, ¼ inch 20 thread tripod socket, and a half case that covered the lenses and viewfinder that clipped into the stud under the face plate then snapped on the male studs on the back camera film compartment cover.

Return to “Camera comments”