King: Regula (1951)

Notes related to specific cameras
bill339

King: Regula (1951)

Postby bill339 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:54 am

This optical viewfinder 35mm film camera was produced from 1951 to 1953. It has a lever wind film advance (also known as rapid winder or Schnell-Transport (ST)), camera. The model name is marked inside the camera and all King Regula I series models had identical bodies but models differ by the shutter and lens combination. The models are the Regula I-A, Regula I-B, Regula I-C, Regula I-Ca, Regula I-D, Regula I-E, Regula I-F, Regula I-P, Regula I-Po, and the Regula II. The I-F model has a 50mm 4.5 Regulon lens with a Vario shutter with speeds of 25, 75, 200 plus B. The frame counter uses the film pin wheel inside the film track to advance. The model I-F with its Regulon lens and Vario shutter was the least expensive of this line selling for $39.50 in 1955. The camera has a cold accessory shoe with a flash socket above the lens. The focusing range is 3 feet to infinity and is used by turning the front lens ring assembly. The covering is the herring bone pattern leatherette typical of all King Regula I models. They also have a manually cocked shutter and a wind knob for rewind with a release lever. This particular camera has a design feature that a few of the cameras lacked and that is an angled viewfinder casing to hide plus meet with the accessory shoe. It also has the King KG logo embossed on it. As well as the model designation inside the camera you will also find the six digit serial number stamped and easy to read.

Return to “Camera comments”