Royal Camera: Royal 35 M Deluxe

Notes related to specific cameras
Madd10

Royal Camera: Royal 35 M Deluxe

Postby Madd10 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:16 am

One of these cameras was sold on Ebay August 3 2015 excellent full working condition for $ 220
this is the description:

"ROYAL 35-M (Rare Deluxe Model). Made by Royal Camera Tokyo (1959). Serial N0. 60959 With Excellent Coated and Fully Color Corrected f: 1.9 mm Tominor 45mm Lens and Copal-MXV shutter with Speeds from 1 sec. to 1/500 sec..and B. Large Window "Coupled Rangefinder/Viewfinder" with Albada and Parallex indications. Focusing from 2.6 ft. to inf.. "Built-in" Selenium Exposure Meter with Exposure Meter "Amplifier" attachment for very low light conditions. Both still work and are fairly accurate. (They were made by Sekonic" and have always been covered ). Single Stroke "Rapid Wind". Attractive Satin and Bright Chrome Plated finish with Black lacquer "Trim" and Fine Grained covering. The Shutter functions at all speeds and appears to be quite accurate. The "Lacquer Finish" is in Excellent condition with only two very tiny chips on the lower .right base, The Chrome plating is in Excellent condition there are some light bright marks on the base and a small spot of loss near the rapid wind and under the accessory shoe from poor adherence and age...Externally and internally it is in Original condition and has no signs of use. Really Incredible for its age (almost 60 ). The Royal 35-M with the superb f;1.9 Tominor lens was the Deluxe model and was the very last produced. Very few were sold and production was ended in 1960. It has all the refinements of the best fixed lens rangefinder cameras including some special original ones like the Exposure Meter Amplifier and Very bright large Albada Finder with Parallex correcting indications.
I believe it would be impossible to find better example of this Rare and sophisticated
camera. Please view all the photos of the actoal camera.

I purchased the camera as "new old stock" ov 40 years ago in Japan and never used it. I did test everything before listing and it works perfectly."
Attachments
Royal 1.JPG
Royal 2.JPG
Interested in seeing what I am collecting ? Check out my camera collection:
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=988

Return to “Camera comments”