Argus: Argus A Black

Notes related to specific cameras
Luvantique

Argus: Argus A Black

Postby Luvantique » Sat May 15, 2010 9:54 pm

This is not the first American 35mm camera, by a very long time. The first American 35 was the first (commercially manufactured) 35mm still camera in the world, the Tourist Multiple, first sold in 1913, beating out the Simplex by a very narrow margin. The Ansco Memo appeared in 1925, so Argus was hardly the first. A possible but more iffy early member would be the Retina line, made in Germany by the American-owned company Eastman Kodak.

diser
Site Admin

Re: Argus: Argus A Black

Postby diser » Sun May 16, 2010 2:30 pm

You are right, I need to rephrase this. Argus A was the first american camera to use Eastman Kodak 35mm cassette. Does this sounds better?

bjully

Postby bjully » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:33 am

Hello, I am a first time user of the forum as I just bought an Argus V100. I am trying to understand how to use it amd am very excited about this camera. The light meter apparently doesn't work. My first issue it that I have to set film exposure index on the meter. If it is broken why would I do this? Is it like an ASA setting? The manual tells me to set it according to the index of the film and there is a chart with various film brands, eg Anscochrome Daylight with Daylight 32 and Tungsten 8. I happen to have a fuji film and have no idea where it would fit in. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 pm

I'd ask this question in the the arguscg group at yahoogroups.com, you'll need to subscribe first though.

Return to “Camera comments”