Camera Teardown

Maovis

Camera Teardown

Postby Maovis » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:14 am

I might get a contract on my head from Arne Lindner :) but...here it goes.
I'm planning to do some tear down of incomplete or cheap cameras that I'm finding in flea markets (don't get me wrong, even cheap cameras that are complete, in working condition and I do not have in my collection will not be destroyed).
This might backfire as I will be added as a foe here or might get more people to appreciate even cheap or newer automatic cameras that are not so collectible.
The amount of design and engineering put into one little box that is usually not a collectible camera is staggering.
Here are some pictures of a Samsung AF Zoom 770:
DSCF4813.JPG

DSCF4811.JPG

Incomplete case on small DC motor to fit in the plastic housing:
DSCF4818.JPG

diser
Site Admin

Re: Camera Teardown

Postby diser » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Saw it in half, make a cut-away model :-)

Maovis

Postby Maovis » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:12 am

I'll try but with all the small plastic bits and pieces any conventional sawing method would result in a disaster.
I have disassembled a Wizen camera and to my surprise I have found a big lead piece (not covered by any protective paint or plastic) bolted near the objective. I would not want to saw through lead or any other hazardous surprise :D.
Maybe an exploded view on multiple transparent layers...

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 am

Right, majority of New Taiwan cameras had a lead plate at the bottom to add weight, so camera would be perceived as better built. Most of the cameras were fake SLRs too.

jokerrabit

Postby jokerrabit » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 am

I like the exploded view on multiple transparent layers idea. an illustration like that would be even cooler. like this "https://nikonrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Nikon-F-schematics.jpg

Return to “Other”