Obtaining Fair Market Value

Canon

Obtaining Fair Market Value

Postby Canon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:32 am

I no longer shoot any film and would like to sell what I have left in film camers/lenses. It seems that most buyers around me want to buy film cameras/lenses a paperweight prices.

What is my best way to obtain a fair price for my equipment?

Here is what I am trying to sell.

Cameras

1/ Canon FTb - Chrome - S/N 484*** - Condition = Very good to excellent - I am the original owner

- Complete with a Canon 50 mm, 1:1.8 FD lens S/N 273*** - Condition = Very good to excellent - I am the original owner

- Canon lens cap for above - Condition = Very good to excellent

- Complete with a Canon carrying strap

- Complete with original packaging, manuals, etc.

2/ Canon Original F1 Body - Black - S/N 633*** - Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

- Complete with original packaging, manuals, etc. - Condition Very good

- Complete with focusing screens L-A & L-E = Excellent to mint - Complete with one excellent condition box for the L-E screen

- Complete with Canon Power Winder F - S/N 135*** - with box and literature - Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

- Complete with Canon regular back and Canon Data Back F - with box and literature - Condition = Excellent to mint

- Complete with Canon Flash Coupler F - with box and literature - Condition = Excellent to mint

- Complete with Canon Flash Coupler D - no box or literature - Condition = Excellent to mint

3/ Canon Original F1 Body - Black - S/N 662*** - Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

- Complete with original packaging, manuals, etc. - Condition = Box Damaged When Purchased - Everything else is good to very good

- Complete with focusing screens L-A & L-E - Condition = Excellent to mint

- Complete with Canon Flash Coupler F - with box and literature - Condition = Excellent to mint

Note: Between all three cameras above, it is doubtful that they have seen fifty films between them.

Additional Lenses

1/ Vivitar Macro Focusing Zoom Lens with C/FD mount & caps - 75 to 205 mm, 1:3.8 S/N 22119*** - Complete with original packaging, literature, etc. Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

2/ Vivitar 2X Matched Multiplier for above with C/FD mount & caps - Complete with original packaging, literature, etc. . Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

3/ Vivitar Series 1 Macro Focusing Zoom Lens with C/FD mount & caps - 70 to 210 mm, 1:2.8, S/N 28514*** - Complete with original packaging, literature, etc. Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

4/ Vivitar Series 1 Macro Focusing Zoom Lens with C/FD mount & caps - 28 to 90 mm, 1:2.8-3.5, S/N 28516*** - Complete with original packaging, literature, etc. . Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

5/ Vivitar 2X Teleconverter with C/FD mount & caps - Complete with original packaging, literature, etc. - Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

Flash

1/ Metz 45 CT-1 - Complete with charger, original packaging, literature, etc. – only has pack for non-rechargeable batteries - I do have the charger and maybe the old battery packs that leaked - Condition = Excellent to mint - I am the original owner

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Note: I am in Canada

Thanks

Canon

Madd10

Re: Obtaining Fair Market Value

Postby Madd10 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:15 pm

I would suggest Ebay and put a starting price around what you would like to get for the item - you will probably get the best prices if you sell each item separately (i.e. body separately from lenses, don't expect to get much money for the flashlights). You should take some very good pictures of the items and clearly describe the condition.
Interested in seeing what I am collecting ? Check out my camera collection:
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=988

Canon

Re: Obtaining Fair Market Value

Postby Canon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Madd10,

Thanks for your response.

I've never done business on Ebay. but I guess that I will have to check that out.

Thanks Again

Canon

Return to “Other”