Pics of Cameras

arnstone

Pics of Cameras

Postby arnstone » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:05 am

I hope you comment on what I am about to editorialise on. This is just me, but I really wish everyone would take a pic of thier gem, nomatter their potography skills. Hell I could say I have the rarest Leica, and just use the database pic. I love to look at someone elses collection, but if I see the same camera 20 times or more, I get to wondering weather or not they actually own those. Get my point. Here's a good example, I just posted my Polaroid 95, and everyone that has one uses the database pic, which by the way belongs to"diser" our Administrator, and it's a really great photo. But that one, belongs to him. I mean, nowadays EVERYBODY has some sort of camera, and I'm sure some of you have some really good cameras. I also realise it takes time to take some photos and then to edit them to fit. But guys/girls we're not going to judge you on the pic you took ;) Think about it, and let me know your thoughts :) Arne Lindner :mrgreen:

John Kratz

Re: Pics of Cameras

Postby John Kratz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:25 pm

If you've seen the cameras I've posted here in my "inventory", you know how I feel about it. Only photos of my personal cameras appear there. Part of the reason for that, however, is that many of my cameras are unusual, and in fact many of them had no representative photo on this website until I uploaded my own photos. Having said that, I don't mind seeing my photo in someone else's collection. If I never got around to taking a picture of my black Brownie Starflash (as an example of a common camera), I wouldn't feel uncomfortable using the "stock" photo, since they all look the same. I do prefer using my own photos though.
With regard to the quality of the photos, I understand that many people may prefer to use the stock pictures, not just because it's easier, but because most (if not all) of them have white backgrounds, which makes the cameras easier to see when presented in the small size of one's personal inventory page. Getting that nice white background is much easier than most people seem to think though. Here's how I do it:
Have a look at some of the cameras in my collection:
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=396

arnstone

Postby arnstone » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Well John I'm hoping your not taking offense, and It's not supposed to be offensive. You of all members have an outstanding collection. I've looked at it a couple of times. The pic of your Speedex is outstanding. I would be proud to use that if I had that camera. But if I did have that camera, I would take the best photo of mine, and put it in my collection. I'm not trying to make a contest out of this. Guess what ;) even I have some of my pics in the database. And how Do I feel about that? GREAT :D I'm just trying to get some of the other members motivated to put their own cameras on display :) You and winder44, diser and the members who do display their cameras i'm not even talking about. OK next :lol: Arne PS here's a little group shot. I actually use three of these.
Attachments
IMG_6294crrx.jpg

Jeff L

Postby Jeff L » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:01 pm

I am working on adding pictures of all mine and some of the ones I did take I will change like my HORRIBLE pictures of my Contessa Nettal Unitak or my Ruberg. One little thing of note.. The current pictures of the cameras with the weathered grey wooden background is actually the bed of my old flat bed pickup truck. I wanted a little something different than the white basic background, But I will supply some white background pics Just for fun.
I do prefer to show MY cameras in my inventory even if not perfect in mint condition (Kodak 1a Autographic for instance)That way there is no question as to what I have, and maybe some one who gets into collecting won't mind having "A rusty piece of junk" saved from being lost forever.
Stop in a take a look at my beloved cameras, and read my comments about them!
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=2649

arnstone

Postby arnstone » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:13 pm

You got film in that camera or you just happy to see me :lol:

Jeff L

Postby Jeff L » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:24 am

arnstone wrote:You got film in that camera or you just happy to see me :lol:

:shock: :shock: :D
Here is a funny thought- We have all types of film cameras, yet we(maybe not a few) use Digital cameras to take pictures of film cameras to post on the internet...
I was going to use one of my film cameras to take a picture of all my cameras in one large group.I thought it would be awesome to do.I set it all up.. Then realized that it was not complete.. 1 camera shy of my complete collection at that time. It was the one I was going to use :D *SIGH* It didn't happen.
Stop in a take a look at my beloved cameras, and read my comments about them!
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=2649

John Kratz

Postby John Kratz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:31 am

arnstone wrote:Well John I'm hoping your not taking offense, and It's not supposed to be offensive. You of all members have an outstanding collection. I've looked at it a couple of times. The pic of your Speedex is outstanding. I would be proud to use that if I had that camera.

I'm not sure what I would find offensive - thanks for the compliment! I am confused though. I don't own a Speedex. :)
Have a look at some of the cameras in my collection:
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=396

Der84

Postby Der84 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:01 am

I'm new here and these are just a few of the cameras in my collection. It's kind of funny that you mentioned this as I was just thinking the same thing about everyone using the same photo for their camera collection on here. I'm not one o talk though as I haven't uploaded any of my own photos. Even though a few of the cameras I've listed in my inventory don't have photos yet.

Anyway....here are a few (phone pics) of some of the cameras in my collection (hopefully they upload correctly).
For the record, I need to find a permanent book case haha.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Check out my camera collection inventory.
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamp ... p?uid=2821

arnstone

Postby arnstone » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:00 pm

John, sorry, I mean't your Speed o Matic! :)

Maovis

Postby Maovis » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:19 am

After reading your posts I have decided to use only pictures taken by me, no matter how bad they may look, as my cameras don't always look as good as the stock photos.

Return to “Other”