Camera/Lenses/Accessory database

arnstone

Camera/Lenses/Accessory database

Postby arnstone » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:29 am

Hi everyone. Some time ago someone wanted to know if there was some software program that would be good for inventorying a camera collection. Well I had already started one for my collection, and posted it here, and had some nice comments from some of you. Well anyway, I have since "Upgraded" my collection and made some major improvements on my data base. What started out as just a fun project has turned into a very useful tool to keep track of and display my collection. I have over 200 cameras now and it will come in useful as an insurance tool also. I am posting some screen shots. This utilizes both "Access", and "Excel". And they work smoothly together, as everything is linked together.
My Excel, "Cameras at a Glance", and "My Lens Guide", have over 1000 individual formulas (each), to make them work properly. Those of you that know Excel and Access will know what I am talking about. These two sheets cross reference and check to see what cameras and types I have, and the Lenses sheet cross reference what lenses I have, what MM they are, and who made them. I actually have more lenses than cameras, but I haven't had the time to log them all in. All input goes into the Access input file first, and then is automatically transferred to the Excel spreadsheets. I probably could have done it all in Access, but I know a little more about Excel, and to me Excel is better for all the major calculations. If you have any questions, just post to me directly, if you like. It took me about a year all told to put together, but it was allot of fun to do! Let me know what you think.
:D
Attachments
Lenses at a glance Screen Shot_1x5.jpg
Lenses Guide
Cameras at a glance Screen Shot_1x5.jpg
Cameras at a glance
Input DB Screen Shot_1x5.jpg
Camera input screen

diser
Site Admin

Re: Camera/Lenses/Accessory database

Postby diser » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:56 am

Interesting Excel app. That's what I roughly had in mind while creating the "camera inventory". Of course yours is a way more detailed and customizeable!

Return to “Other”