Fujifilm DL Super Mini Tiara Repair

Ger

Fujifilm DL Super Mini Tiara Repair

Postby Ger » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:36 am

Hi,

Anyone tried a repair on this?

Mine was working fine but died on me yesterday.
Noticed the shutter count was not moving..so no film advance..check the actual lens and fired off a few shots.
Focus movement all ok and all the correct noises..but the shutter failed to open.
I mid rewound the fim, changed the battery for a new one..no change in performance.
My gut feeling is dirty magnets..which should be present, and there are 2 sets of 2 screws in the lens assembly which may give me access (like in a Minox 35) But rather ask you all first, as i can find no repair guide on line for this camera.

Thanks in advance.

Ger

Re: Fujifilm DL Super Mini Tiara Repair

Postby Ger » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:11 am

Done, I have not the skill to repair this, but found the fault.
There is a small motor that works the shutter, this should power a small arm, which in turn powers the shutter.
This seems to be the faulty part. Access is in through the front by removing 2 screws on the lens body.
The motor is situated on the right, held with 2 screws. Tried cleaning it, but no change.

SethCarver

Postby SethCarver » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:48 pm

Hey, I have the same camera with the same problem. I haven't removed the covering to expose the gears, but I'm assuming the same arm is compromised. Were you able to fix this issue at all or have any advise?

Thanks!

Ger

Postby Ger » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:01 am

Hi

i put the attempt on flickr, but heres what i would try this time.
take the front cover off at lens as normal, and use lighter fluid on the section wher the magnets are, possibly over soaking??
This might resolve it. I had no guide so went in with full guns blazing, at least you have something to try and take it too the nexy level.

Ger

Return to “Other”