Making Years of Cameras More Accessible

Improvements, bugs, etc.
Davoyles

Making Years of Cameras More Accessible

Postby Davoyles » Fri May 20, 2016 4:34 pm

I know I am new and this is a very impressive & awesome site, but I noticed one thing right away that would help the flow of the site for many users. Right now, the only way to find a Camera on the home site right now is by Brand, then Model name.I had two ideas to help the organisation of the site.
1. (The harder one) You could add a new view that would show the cameras grouped by year & listed alphabetically within their specific year. If a camera was made for multiple years you could also make a hide/show button for those years with overlapping models, only showing the first & last years (,but that's just me).

2. I was also thinking the approximate years, or ranges of years of the cameras might be added to the list, between the model name(s) & the Icon list.* This would definitely be less confusing than the first option because there would be no repeated names or hide/show button.

Two more things, The Collection lists are not in the Navigation Area That would be nice to have. I would love to see is a rarity icon next to the picture icon or even in the description area; that would be cool!

Anyways, Thank you for listening to me; awesome website! great concept! 4.5 stars! I'm going to enjoy using this site! ~Davoyles~

*(see edited capture)
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Here's my collection athttp://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=3891
Feel free to request more pictures.

diser
Site Admin

Re: Making Years of Cameras More Accessible

Postby diser » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:44 am

Davoyles, hi!
Thanks for ideas! I am working on enabling date ranges for quite a while now, should be ready soon.

One thing I am not sure what you mean though - "The Collection lists are not in the Navigation Area" -- do you want to see something how how many members have a specific camera in the collection, instead of just Image picture?

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:52 am

Davoyles, the years are being shown now on each manufacturer page. Overlapping view may be a challenge - for 80% of cameras there is no information on when manufacturers stopped producing them.

Davoyles

Postby Davoyles » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:13 am

diser wrote:Davoyles, the years are being shown now on each manufacturer page. Overlapping view may be a challenge - for 80% of cameras there is no information on when manufacturers stopped producing them.

Ok, cool. Thak you!
Here's my collection athttp://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=3891
Feel free to request more pictures.

Return to “Site suggestions”