Need help identifying no name camera *Updated 10/4/23*

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
iloveturtles9

Need help identifying no name camera *Updated 10/4/23*

Postby iloveturtles9 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:08 pm

Pictures

I couldn't find much information about this camera, so I'll tell you what I know. I'm pretty sure the one on the left is some sort of display piece, It has a plastic lens, I'm pretty sure it's hollow because when I looked into the port where the cable goes all I could see is bare metal, It weighs 4 pounds 8 ounces, they are both L7 W4 H7 Inches, It has a male cable for some reason even though it's hollow, so it plugs into nothing.

The one on the right is the real one, it has a real lens that for some reason was completely covered in electrical tape when I first got it, so I could not move the aperture or focusing ring,
surprisingly when I took off the tape the focusing ring moves perfectly fine, however the aperture is stuck in place, The glass itself though appears to be in good condition I see no fungus no separation no hazing etc, I believe it is a C-mount lens, I found this similar looking lens on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234300078782

It appears to have film inside of it, for some reason both cables have been cut, sadly I don't have the key so I can't open them, the real one weighs 7 pounds 2 ounces.
I'm starting to understand why the auctioneers only put “Pair Of Video Cameras” in the description.
The original listing: https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/ ... D540149EF/

If anyone else is trying to figure this out with me and needs more pictures, feel free to ask it's no hassle.
And thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me with this

Edits:

I've found that the 14S-6S amphenol cable Is readily available.
I changed the photo link from Google Photos to Google Drive, the broken link should now be fixed.

2/24/22
I managed to pick the lock, and I have confirmed that it is a film camera, With what looks to be 100/200F reels. Sadly I cannot take a picture of the inside because there is still film in it, however I did cut a little test piece off and took a picture of it, I uploaded it to the photos link

10/4/23
I managed to develop the film, and something was recorded on it! It appears this was a security camera, I took a still image and I can confirm the camera was inside a store. This explains the tape around the lens when I originally got it. The film does not have an audio track and I played it through my 16mm

projector I'm not exactly sure what's happening, but there's people walking around talking to each other inside the store, I assume something, or someone tripped an alarm and the camera started recording. I assume it was a false alarm because they never got the film developed.
This film was most likely shot in 1988-1997, because there is a Joe camel advertisement above the cash register, the Joe camel campaign ended in 1997 due to a lawsuit claiming that Joe camel targeted children and encourage them to smoke.

Unfortunately there was just as much information on the inside of the camera as there was on the out, so not very much. I also have no idea if this camera still works or not I can't figure out how it operates.
And of course with no name there's no schematic, or diagram.
Interestingly there appears to be wax over the screws and bolts that hold everything together, I guess it acts as some sort of tamper resistant measure, so you know if someone has been messing around in there.
I know it's not thread lock because it doesn't hold anything together and it crumbles like candle wax.
And the bright side though nothing appears to be seized up, everything moves freely when I manually turn it.
I'm kind of at a dead end at this point so if anyone has any new leads on what this thing could be,
please let me know.
I posted more images in the original Google Drive folder.
Attachments
IMG_20230618_205616607.jpg
IMG_20230618_205523070.jpg
DSC05214.jpg

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”