disc camera

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
jeffpoll

disc camera

Postby jeffpoll » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:33 pm

This is the first time I have ever posted to a bulletin board so forgive me if I do not follow protocols.

Recently I have been collecting vintage disc cameras. Obtaining information on them is difficult. It appears that the only text listing brands and models is not obtainable. I have found a number of very helpful websites.

There is a number which appears to be stamped under the film door on a of number of models. My guess is that the stamp is a production number or lot number. Can anybody shed light on what it actually indicates. I assume that a single model does not always have the same number under the film door.

Thank you for your consideration

box86rowh

Re: disc camera

Postby box86rowh » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:12 am

Hi Jeff. Would you be able to post some pictures?

jeffpoll

Postby jeffpoll » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Greetings box86rowh,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

I have attached an image of the mark. Most of my British camera's have it, but not so much for the American distributors. Kodak is mixed. I cannot imagine they are serial numbers, but maybe
Attachments
S2-123.JPG

box86rowh

Postby box86rowh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:01 pm

I am sorry for the LATE reply but it looks like it may be a military stock number? I have not seen a camera like that before and am not familiar with them so it is a guess unfortunately

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”