Alpa, Leica, and Hasselblad (seeking advise)

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
rajabf

Re: Alpa, Leica, and Hasselblad (seeking advise)

Postby rajabf » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:08 am

More pictures
Attachments
007.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG

BrianS

Postby BrianS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 pm

The latter Canon is an 8mm movie camera.

The boxed Leica M6 with Summilux is a special edition camera; Leica put out many "Limited Editions" with special engravings for collectors. Perfectly functional, but may bring a premium on the collector's market. The chrome Leica M3 is a "Single Stroke", sn above 1M- peak of Leica quality. The first M6 shown has a later version (tabbed) 50/2 Summicron on it- all of these are great cameras to use, and worth several $1000. The Summilux goes in the ~2K range by itself, the M6 ~$1,000, the M3 $600~$1,000 depending on exact condition. The Summicron on the M3 looks like a "type 2 Rigid 6 elements in 5 groups" also goes in the $700~$1000 range. They all look good. Many of the older M3's can use a "Clean-Lube-Adjust" before use, Youxin Ye provides this service at a reasonable cost in the US.

i am new on this forum, have been on "Leicaplace.com" for a long time. It is worth visiting if you wish to pick up tips/advise on using Leica cameras. Also has forums on examples from various lenses and cameras. My hobby is modifying lenses for Leica cameras.

rajabf

Postby rajabf » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:25 am

Greetings fellow forum members,

I would like to thank all of the forum members that took the time to read my posts and view my pictures, and a special thank you to all the members that provided me with valuable feedback.

I have bought a glass cabinet to display some of my cameras, but I need opinions and guidance on what to display and what to keep in its original packaging. As well as some identification of accessories on what goes with what camera. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Here is another camera from my collection

DSC_0833.JPG

DSC_0834.JPG

DSC_0835.JPG

rajabf

Postby rajabf » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:33 am

I know one of them is for a M series Camera, as for the fish-eye no clue.

Any input or feedback welcome.

DSC_0836.JPG

A sneak preview on my next post 8-)

DSC_0837.JPG

BrianS

Postby BrianS » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:55 pm

The Fish-Eye lens is for the Leica SLR's, and can be used with an adapter on the new Leica M 240.

BrianS

Postby BrianS » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 pm

rajabf wrote:An ideas what these are ?

In reference to the 1st page images with the Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar on the wooden camera:

The first is a "Regular-8" movie camera from the late 50's, early 60s. These are not worth too much these days, uses "Double-8" roll film.

The second- has a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar lens on it, the serial number puts it in the 1918~1919 era. It looks to be on a "plate camera", but others here know much more about those!

ph.

Postby ph. » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:44 pm

The Zeiss lenses are for the Contarex. Strange that you have found the optics and not the camera.

The gilded Alpa is from the time when Pignons started to be deeply worried about its income and started producing for collectors rather than for users. To be entirely complete (for collections of such special editions) you should also have the little brochure advertising it, but that, just as such pieces as you have, is very expensive.

You will note that the Leitz box also is a special version "Ein stuck Leica".

Selling rare stuff to reach a global set of buyers may perhaps best be done through Westlicht in Vienna. Christies used to be a leading light, but in my experience they sometimes misjudged the quality level of items, and they do not seem to have put as much effort into their sales as Westlicht does.

p.

gigimene

Postby gigimene » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:42 am

DSC07600.JPG
DSC07598.JPG
DSC07599.JPG
]i am not a collector and presentign a my father camera
I do have a lot of book talking about Leica, also very old, but i do not find a possible correct value

sorry for bothering but this is oldest machine i DO HAVE

ERNET LEITZ D.R.P WETZLAR
MY DAD WROTE LEICA 1 MODEL A 1929/1931
BUT I DO NOT RECALL FROM WHERE HE GOT,MY DAD WAS A PRECISE MAN

I HAVE SEVERAL MACHINES BUT THIS IS OLDER, AND REGRET NOT TO HAVE SAME PASSION LIKE MY FATHER.

TKS FOR ALL HELP OR SUGGESTION TKS GIGI
ON CAMERA N 68508

rajabf

Postby rajabf » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:30 am

ph. wrote:The Zeiss lenses are for the Contarex. Strange that you have found the optics and not the camera.

The gilded Alpa is from the time when Pignons started to be deeply worried about its income and started producing for collectors rather than for users. To be entirely complete (for collections of such special editions) you should also have the little brochure advertising it, but that, just as such pieces as you have, is very expensive.

You will note that the Leitz box also is a special version "Ein stuck Leica".

Selling rare stuff to reach a global set of buyers may perhaps best be done through Westlicht in Vienna. Christies used to be a leading light, but in my experience they sometimes misjudged the quality level of items, and they do not seem to have put as much effort into their sales as Westlicht does.

p.
\

Thanks for the reply PH

I do have a couple of contarex cameras laying around some where, just never took interest in them Ill try to find them and reunite the with there lens :)

As for the the selling aspect of my cameras, I will only consider selling the cameras that I have multiples of, I was looking to Christies for that matter

ph.

Postby ph. » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:36 pm

For understanding the Contarex and all its various bolt-ons you will find Marco Cavinas book very useful. For the Alpa, it is that of mr Thewes.

p.

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”