If anybody can help giving advice on Schneider 16mm Lenses

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
joe joubert

If anybody can help giving advice on Schneider 16mm Lenses

Postby joe joubert » Thu May 15, 2014 8:58 am

Hi my name is Joe Joubert . I recently got hold of a Pathe Super16mm camera and some fitted lenses.The camera and equipment was locked away in a family store room for 35 years.I would love to use the equipment myself as an artist but I am a oil painting artist of profession and motion pictures are not my forte although I do dabble in a bit of digital photography because of my profession,and I would rather try and sell everything and give the money to the family a mother and daughter that are left because they need it.
The camera is a common Pathe Super 16 motion camera and in very good condition and barely used but well taken care of.I started doing some research on ebay and it seems that the camera sells for approximately between 130 to 3 or 4hundred $.

What would be the best to do?.To sell the lenses and camera body apart? or everything as a whole.I just have to mention that I do live in South Africa and with previous experience,people on ebay very rarely trust doing business with people from South Africa ??? which actually is odd because I do sell my artwork to international collectors all over the world and there is 100% trust.So in some sence perhaps I could raise more funds for the people involved by selling the lenses separately but my headaches are going to quadruple.So I personally think the best would be to sell everything together and carry on focussing on what I do best.
I have searched through the listed lenses in the appraisal section but gets more and more confused the longer I search.
Perhaps best If I rather post the pictures and any advice or the best route to take will be highly appreciated.And If any body can help or give the best advice I can assure you,you will receive a thank you letter from the two woman Irma and Monique in person.
Unfortunately I am only allowed to add 3 attachments.I did take more photos.Best perhaps if I describe them further

1:A schneider cine zenon 1:1.4/25 that is mounted on camera
2:A Schneider cine Zenon 1:2/16 25-75 mounted on camera
3:A Schneider cine Zenon 1:2/50 25-75 Mounted on camera
Also a B&L Baush and Laumb cinema scope Projection lens EF200,which I presume is for a projector?.
Also a collection of arl Zeiss Ikon Proxar clip on lenses in a case F=0.2 m A28.5 ,F0.3m,F=0.5,and F=1m

Then there is also 2 roles of 16 mmm films a Kodachrome 16mm color film and a Ansochrome 16mm daylight color film.But they are 35 years old as mentioned and perhaps of no value?
Also a Weston master II light meter.
Any advice on selling these items for them will be highly appreciated.
Regards
joe joubert
Attachments
Schneider cine tele Xenar.jpg
Schneider Cine tel Xenar b.jpg
Pathe Super 16 B.jpg

fred74

Re: If anybody can help giving advice on Schneider 16mm Lenses

Postby fred74 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:56 am

Hello

Your camera interests me, I offer you 200 euros ... + the costs sent at my expense ...
cordially

box86rowh

Postby box86rowh » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi,

Very nice set! I know the work can be a little more but I highly suggest selling the lenses separately as it opens the market to a bigger group for each lens and the camera. Some will want the 50mm and not the others and so forth. I would think the best lens you have its the 25mm followed by the 50 then the 16.....overall a very nice set that will sell much better if you take the time to separate them out. Good luck! Let us know what they sell for :)

box86rowh

Postby box86rowh » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:53 pm

An now I realize I just replied to a 6 year old post someone brought to the surface....

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:02 pm

box86rowh wrote:An now I realize I just replied to a 6 year old post someone brought to the surface....

:shock: :lol:

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”