Kodak Eastman: Disc 3100 (red)

Notes related to specific cameras
bill339

Kodak Eastman: Disc 3100 (red)

Postby bill339 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:27 pm

This camera features a red faceplate, behind which lies a snapshot camera with electronic flash, all powered by a PP3 or as it is better known 9V battery. A variation of this model with copper-colored faceplate was sold by Kodak. The camera with the red front panel, was sold by J.C. Penney. Although the published marketing dates for the 3100 model are 1984-87, the camerosity date code in this example translates as 10-85 (CYIR). Some of the red front panel models Camerosity codes denote being made before 1984 so maybe J.C. Penney had this model before it was released for general sale. This camera uses VR Disc film and sold in the US for a list price of $48.00. It has a 12.5mm, f/2.8 lens and shutter speeds of 1/100 of a second plus 1/200 of a second. It also has a built in lens and viewfinder cover that seconds as the on/off switch.
Last edited by bill339 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Madd10

Re: Kodak Eastman: Disc 3100 (red)

Postby Madd10 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:16 am

Bill339, it looks like your comment refers to another camera not the Disc 3100
Interested in seeing what I am collecting ? Check out my camera collection:
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=988

bill339

Postby bill339 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 am

I'll look into it. I entered 6 Disc cameras that day and may have confused them. Thanks! I better check the rest. :roll:

bill339

Postby bill339 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 am

You were so definitely correct! I at a loss how I did that. I edited it and I guess I wait to see if that cures it. This is what was supposed to have been posted.

This camera features a red faceplate, behind which lies a snapshot camera with electronic flash, all powered by a PP3 or as it is better known 9V battery. A variation of this model with copper-colored faceplate was sold by Kodak. The camera with the red front panel, was sold by J.C. Penney. Although the published marketing dates for the 3100 model are 1984-87, the camerosity date code in this example translates as 10-85 (CYIR). Some of the red front panel models Camerosity codes denote being made before 1984 so maybe J.C. Penney had this model before it was released for general sale. This camera uses VR Disc film and sold in the US for a list price of $48.00. It has a 12.5mm, f/2.8 lens and shutter speeds of 1/100 of a second plus 1/200 of a second. It also has a built in lens and viewfinder cover that seconds as the on/off switch.

If you have more info or correction I'd be glad to add them. I do one of these for every camera I have in my collection and hope to add the blurbs to each of them on this site. I just think others would like to know a little about what they have.

Thanks again,
Bill

bill339

Postby bill339 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Just thought I say that I have looked at your collection a few times now and you've captured what it is to put one of these together. You have a excellent photo, some information about the camera, and a wide selection. I am especially interested in the combo radio cameras. I don't have anything like that but you can be sure I'll be looking into them shortly. Great collection!

Madd10

Postby Madd10 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:27 am

Thank you,
I also looked a number of times at your collection which is very exhaustive, you must have quite some space to store all these cameras !! I also like the detailed comments that you add to the collectiblend database.

Initially I tried to collect only SLR cameras which is still my main focus but then got attracted by other cameras that for one reason or another appeared to be "special". What makes camera collecting interesting is that there are so many different angles to it. I also like the research that goes into finding out things about less common models.
Interested in seeing what I am collecting ? Check out my camera collection:
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamprofile.php?uid=988

bill339

Postby bill339 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm

You are right about the space, I can’t display them. It’s just too much, so I rap them carefully and store them in banker’s boxes. I have a detailed Excel file with camera, box number, and location. I am up to box 53. God help me! :D

I didn’t know it at the time but I started collecting cameras about twelve years old. At that time I just needed to take the best pictures I could. I had many cheap Kodak’s and Polaroid’s but saved up enough money from my paper route to buy my first SLR from a local camera shop. Then I saved up for lenses, 28mm, 50mm, 135mm, 205mm, and a 400mm that set me back more than the camera. I still have that camera. Well that was it, I just loved cameras and the gear that goes with them. And I think now that I am much older I love the research even more. I will not add a camera to this site till I have exhausted every venue for information. Gene (diser) the administrator/creator of Collectiblend helped me with some other avenues he uses as research sources like magazines articles, add sheets from newspapers, and other sites he uses (Google books). And like you I look for interesting cameras but I cannot pass up any camera at a yard sale. I just started laughing when I realized how long this is. It’s just that your forth person I’ve talk to here in as many years. :lol:

Happy collecting,
Bill

Return to “Camera comments”