Suggestion for camera collection

Improvements, bugs, etc.
millsge

Suggestion for camera collection

Postby millsge » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Dear Diser:

I hope that the holidays were great and that the New Year brings you and those important to you as much true prosperity as possible. I have had an idea about the evolution of CollectiBlend. I understand that it involves a great deal of work and I do not want you to think that my idea is a criticism of this site (that is truly amazing as it is). I just want to give you my idea in case it should prove of use to you.

Have you ever visited the "LibraryThing.com." It is a great site to catalog your books and include your own identifying tags and reviews as well. It is very simple to use as it does most of the cataloging for you. Lifetime membership is $25. I think that you would enjoy this site for your own books. I also think that you might get some good ideas for the camera collection feature of Collectiblend. If there are databases available, a member could add a camera to his collection and manufacturing data (launch year, years produced, number of cameras produced, avg prices when launched, and even short reviews if available) could be added to his entry. The user could indicate camera condition, price paid, add his own photo of the camera, provide a link to site where photos taken with it have been posted, and post their own review of and comments about the camera.

Again, I hope that this idea is of use to you.

Best regards, George

AkeB

Re: Suggestion for camera collection

Postby AkeB » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:50 am

Here is my database at collectiblend. Have you missed this funktion here?
http://collectiblend.com/Cameras/mycamp ... hp?uid=708

/Ake

millsge

Postby millsge » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 pm

I've seen the collection section and I like it very much. All I wanted to do was suggest some additional features (like the ability to post one's own photos of their camera and being able to post a link to photos taken with the camera, etc.). Again, I want to emphasize that I am not criticizing any aspect of what has become my favorite website. The ability to add individual reviews, tips, problems, shortcuts, etc about our cameras would facilitate the evolution of the "Collectiblend Community." One could even provide the option of a kind of "SWOT" analysis of each camera. This would be an evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the item as a working camera and a review of the opportunities and threats to the value of the camera as a commodity. I know that this means a great deal of work. I just wrote the note to suggest possible improvements. Best regards, George

I do encourage everyone to visit The LibraryThing. It is a very entertaining and stimulating tool for keeping tracks of one's books.

AkeB

Postby AkeB » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:12 pm

These are my photos, and I can post any text or link I want. I just don't think you know how it works. But still, it can of course be improved.

/Ake

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:35 pm

millsge, thanks for suggestions!

I was thinking about "adding own photos" feature and it will be implemented soon.
Also I'll improve personal collection description to show how to add links, images, formatting.
There are several other upcoming improvements in my mind, so keep an eye on the personal collection section :)

As far as making a specific camera details fields (years, quantities, etc), I think camerapedia community is doing a great job on that, I don't want to duplicate content.

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 am

George,
One feature was just added - you can upload your own photos to your inventory. So, if you don't like the default image provided by collectiblend, or there is no image at all, you can put your own. More to come.

NewbieNluv

Postby NewbieNluv » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:57 pm

I have a suggestion as well.

I was wondering if there could be an easier way to reach my profile/collection page. As it stands I have to go to forum and then to the site suggestions page. Could an easier way be made or am I missing it?

Thanks for all the work you do!

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 am

NewbieNluv, thanks for the suggestion. The direct link did slip through my fingers. I'll get it implemented.

diser
Site Admin

Postby diser » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 am

Added a link at the top-right side of every page, and another link is on the home page, "CollectiBlend quick links" section.

koniowner

Postby koniowner » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm

I would like to sell my Koni OmegaFlex M at the price your site suggests for it. Other than Ebay where they take percentage, are there other places that you would suggest?

Return to “Site suggestions”