General questions about appraising and selling

If you can't find a camera on our web-site, you may ask for the free appraisal or identification here.
tombartarm

General questions about appraising and selling

Postby tombartarm » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi all,
I hope I am posting in the correct section, please let me know if this inquiry should be directed elsewhere. Great site you have here, I was able to navigate the appraisal section easily and all the cameras I researched were found. I inherited a lot of vintage camera equipment from my Dad. He was a great lover of cameras his whole life and owned quite a few nice cameras according to what I have been able to find out from your appraisal section. I am planning to learn how to use what I think was his best camera, a Rolleiflex 2.8f, but I really should look at selling the rest of this gear because it will just collect dust otherwise and I am hoping someone can put it to good use and love it as much as he did.
On to my question, to those who have sold gear, is eBay the best place to reach the widest audience interested in cameras or do people buy and sell on Collectiblend or elsewhere online? Also, I guess to receive top dollar for various gear it should be tested and verified that it works, correct? However, that seems like quite a lot of work as they take various types of film and I'm not even sure what I am doing with any of this stuff, the only cameras I've ever used were point and shoot, although I am looking forward to learning the Rolleiflex.
The cameras I have are Rolleiflex 2.8f, Rolleiflex SL26, Ihagee Exakta V, Nasco Galaxy F.28, Minolta 16II, Spartus Co-Flash, Kodak Instamatic 104 & 414, and finally the camera he used until his death a Topcon (I don't know the model number I am waiting to get it back from someone I loaned it to for a camera class. There is all manner of lenses, filters, flashes etc for these cameras also. Also, am I correct that the best of these is the Rolleiflex 2.8f?
Thanks for any and all responses I really appreciate your expertise!
Best regards,
Tom

Return to “Appraisal and identification questions”